Re: 105.7 WROR Playing the Hits of the 60's and 70's

In a message dated 3/7/99 1:56:12 PM EST, bostonradio@yahoo.com writes:

<< Is it my imagination or every second FM station in this market is now
 featuring some variation of a babyboomer nostalgic format?
 Even WBOS has moved closer to 'Classic Rock Lite' with its 70/80's
 soft rock sound targeting mostly female baby boomers. >>

As an about-to- turn- 40- yr old female, - I'd just like to say that although
I enjoy the occasional nostalgic song or two from my teenage 70's days  and my
club-hopping '80's days, I still like new music, and I'm sorry for the people
my age who only like "oldies" or the slightly older boomers who think music
died when the Beatles broke up.  That's  why I enjoy listening to  WXRV The
River.  I know that AAA is a contrived formula just like all the others, but
at least they mix it up.  It's the music I'd play if I had my own station.
And that's why I stop listening to WBOS every time they swing back to All
Billy Joel All The Time.  And, really, I liked Billy Joel.