Re: 105.7 WROR Playing the Hits of the 60's and 70's

In a message dated 3/7/99 2:48:35 PM EST, MikeHemeon writes:

<< Is there any new, non-head thumping music out there. A friend of mine is
the GSM at Z-100 and even he can't listen to it (he is about our age). >>

Well, I have to admit that my tastes run to the softer side, and I tend to
like a lot of folkie stuff, and female singer-songwriters.  I'm a big fan of
Tori Amos, but I've also continued to be a big fan of REM over the years, and
Pearl Jam (altho those bands I guess are golden oldies already), and I like
Radiohead and Live.  On the softer side,  I've heard a couple things I like by
a guy named Elliot Smith recently, and I've just started hearing stuff I like
by Phish for the 1st time, ( I'm even related to their booker/manager)  On the
harder side, I like Alice in Chains and Metallica although they are not
necessarily indicitive (sp?) of my tastes, which are very eclectic.
  It's out there, you just have to search for it.  That's why one radio
station doesn't serve all my needs.