Re: Greg Reibman; a Vermont question

>Clea Simon's Globe item about Greg's retirement from radio attributed
>the move to a desire to spend more time with his son.

That is my understanding as well.

Greg has been a valuable member of the WMBR staff for many years.  In
addition to his weekly show, he served some number of years as coordinator
of our annual fundraising drive.

I haven't had a chance to speak with Greg much recently (as I've been
stepping out of active duty at the station myself), but I hope he'll
still be available to do the occasional fill-in show.

Do catch his last regular show tomorrow, if you can.

For those who may care, John Funke's "Backwoods" show will be moving
two hours later to cover Greg's time slot, starting next week.  Doug
Gesler's "Lost Highway", which used to be Thursday mornings 6-8am,
will in turn move to John's old 8-10am Saturday shift.  Thus, the
Saturday morning/early afternoon blues/R&B/roots/rock mix should remain
intact.

- -Shawn Mamros
Pretty-much-now-ex-Comptroller, WMBR Cambridge MA 88.1 FM