Re: Helen Lagios RIP

Mark wrote--
>She was one of the first women in the nation to host her
>own radio program,according to the AP article I saw in yesterday's(2/15)
>Lowell Sun.

I hope she rests in peace, but unless she was on the air in the early
1920s, she was not the first or even one of the first to have her own radio
show.  There were "women's shows" on the air in Boston from 1925 on--
Caroline Cabot on WEEI for example.  And of course the late great Eunice
Randall was the story lady at 1XE/WGI as early as 1921.   Hey, when I die,
remember I was the queen of France...