Re: I'm back...

At 04:23 PM 2/14/99 -0500, Steve Sawyer wrote:

>Interesting observation, most of you will get a kick out of.  On
>Thursday last week (2/11) I was returning to Mass from Burlington and
>listening to WCFR (AM) and WMXV (93.5/93.9/94.3).  The format sounds
>good, music wise, nice 60s 70s and 80s format with fairly tight
>automation.  Problem was, whoever was feeding remote updates from
>Windsor, VT at a 'live' remote was feeding them directly on air, over
>the music and liners.  Someone not at home??

Or else the board op had the monitors off & the wrong fader up (or in
program instead of audition).

About a month ago I was listening to WHOB in Nashua, the jock apparently
had the fader for the studio reel-to-reel deck up.  Heard a long, rather
boring conversation with a listener over the song that was on the air, then
heard it being rewound (with head lifters in) then cued.  A couple of songs
later we were treated to this call, this time in the clear.  Gee, then they
wonder despite a good signal why they get a sub-1 share.