Expanded Band questions

Has anyone noticed how much more populated the new expanded AM band has
become in the past few months?  Time was, last fall, when I could get
WJDM 1660 Elizabeth in the clear, however now it is severely interfered
with by another station.  I'm able to pick up KCJJ from Iowa on 1630
very well at night, as with a sports station (ESPN Radio?) on 1690.
1610 seems unoccupied except for highway advisory stations, 1620,
1640,  1660,  and 1680 seem to have several stations on them now.  1650
has a religious station on it.  My concern here is that when stations
are finished relocating to EB, the qrm problem they are escaping on the
current band will resurface on EB... its already happening.

Does anyone here know when WTRY is scheduled to move from 980 to 1640,
and will that come with a format change, with a break from the simulcast
of 98.3?

Steve Sawyer