Block Island FM

I was scanning the FCC Applications and Actions today
when something odd struck my eye.  Charles River
Broadcasting, owner of dumbed-down Hit Classical
WCRB, was reported applying to purchase an FM on
94.9 mhz on Block Island, RI.  The FCC database
shows a WVBI at 95.1 there, but the Kordis locator
shows no such station.  WXTK on the Cape switched
from 94.9 to 95.1...is this station doing the reverse?
And at 94.9, could the signal be boosted enough so
WCRB doesn't need the translator on 96.5?  By the
way, WCRB's translator doesn't work...the operas
are still heard in their original languages.

Laurence from Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com