Re: WKNM Lowell Update

Donna queries:
Given how the FCC slammed Radio Free
>Allston (a station well known for doing community service) and took them
>off the air forcibly, how has WKNM managed to stay on the air so long
>without anyone stopping them?  Donna is very puzzled.

Not sure what kind of output they're doing, but driving towards Lowell on
133 they became somewhat audible at about the Tewksbury line.

FCC aside:  What puzzles me is if they are selling spots "Radio Commerciale"
(sp) then under what legal conditions are they doing business in the
Commonwealth?  What about IRS implications?  And shouldn't the City of
Lowell gov't. be equally interested?  <scratching head>

Bill O'Neill