Re: WKNM Lowell Update

A story in the Boston Phoenix about Radio Free Allston's shutdown by
the FCC had said that there
were complaints from both WROR (105.7) and WMJX
(106.7). RFA had been at 106.1, the same frequency
as Cape Cod's WCOD, and I think someone had said that
WCOD didn't really get up to the Boston area with
their signal, anyway. So maybe they thought they
could get away with being at 106.1.

With WKNM, I wonder if there's been a complaint
about them from WNSH, which is also at 1570. I believe
that WNSH's antenna is now in Peabody, about 30 miles
away from Methuen... or are they running such a low
power that they don't really bother WNSH?

- ---Shawn Mamros <mamros@MIT.EDU> wrote:
>Supposedly, one of the big FMs in Boston - whoever >was closest to
RFA's chosen frequency