Radio "Legends"

> >Bruce was a Boston Radio Legend.....seriously do you think anybody will be
> >talking about any present radio people 35 years from now?

Nope.

I beg to differ.  Radio, like anything else in life is cyclical.  Who knew 35
years ago that some of the talent that was on the air would wind up being
"legends?"  In comparison to other major markets like New York and LA, Boston
has not turned out too many "legends."  Many of the people mentioned in this
thread are probably unknown outside of this market.  That's hardly "legendary"
status to me.

Many younger "radio-heads" will look back at the present day and elevate some
of today's talent to "legendary" status, just as we have been doing in this
thread with yesteryear's talent.  Most will be unwarranted, some will be.
That's just life.  Consolidation or not, there will be talent in this market
that will be fondly remembered.  I can see Opie and Anthony and Nik Carter
being touted as "legends" 35 years from now.  Whether or not they will be
"legends", like the folks we've been discussing, will be open to debate.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks