Re: WHIL/WWEL

Indeed, I believe that many of the Class-D (10W)
>noncommercial FMs and probably not a few of the FM translators use exciters
>as their transmitters.
>
>-------------------------------
>Dan Strassberg

Reminds me of when WJUL (with its former installation atop the north campus
library at ULowell) signed off the (1.7 kW) XMTR, the exciter remained on.
You could get a 19 kHz pilot from the stereo gen. with some quieting around
the immediate neighborhood.  Anyone playing a record (while cleaning studios
or for, ahem, station meetings at late nite) could be heard in that vacinity
(including the dean's office....)  Once that was realized, the exciter
power-down became part of the procedure, just in case....

Exciter-ed to be here.

Bill O'Neill