Re: 99.9 dead carrier in Troy, N.Y.

Hi Gavin:
    It could be a "boot" (pirate).  Was it running stereo (pilot) ?
Most "boots" are running in stereo now.  I don't think it is a
fully-sanctioned station due to the close proximity of WRVE/99.5 FM in
Schenectady.  They were probably testing.  It could provide for some
very interesting programming, taking into consideration how bland the
Albany-Schenectady-Troy market is at this time.  Keep us posted.  73

Pete

> I was in Troy, New York today and was tuning around my car radio at
about 12
> Noon when I stumbled upon a dead carrier running on 99.9 FM.  This was
> strong enough to break the scan on my radio.  It must have lasted
less than
> two hours, as when I returned around 2 PM, the dead carrier was
gone.  I
> couldn't imagine the trops being good enough for WIII Cortland,
N.Y., WEZN
> Bridgeport, Conn., or WBTZ Plattsburgh, N.Y. to come in.

==