Re: WCCM-FM/WCGY "The Rock Garden"

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Peter Q. George wrote:

>      WCCM-FM, like many smaller FM stations of the time, affiliated
> with a daytimer AM operations, stayed on the air until 10:00 pm....
> basically because they HAD TO, due to FCC rules and regs.

I wonder when those rules came into effect.  I know that when they
started, as WGHJ, around 1961 or so, they signed off at sunset, with the
AM station.  WOTW-FM in Nashua, N.H. did the same around that time.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/