990/Providence (Re: Worst 50k's)

     I have heard that the 990 site is located atop a "Superfund"
toxic-waste dump.  I am sure visiting there could give anyone a
"healthy GLOW" :) !  What a crappy signal.  What a crappy station.
IMHO, of course. (Yecccch !)

- ---Rob Landry wrote:

> The last time I visited their site -- about seven years ago -- they
were
> running 50 kW daytime, 500 watts at night. Their transmitter was in
> Burrilville, about 20 miles from Providence, and they used a 6-tower
array
> which sent most of the 50 kW in the direction of Providence and out to
> sea.  They were unlistenable in Boston.
>
> At night they were unlistenable in Providence, too.

NOT surprised !!  I am sure the "fishies" in Narragansett Bay are
getting a fine signal.  But, their buying power is somewhat limited,
wouldn't you say ? :)

- -Pete