Re: 990/Providence (Re: Worst 50k's)

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Peter Q. George wrote:

>      I have heard that the 990 site is located atop a "Superfund"
> toxic-waste dump.

If so, it must be a very old one. It didn't look like the place had been
anything but a transmitter site for decades.

The owner of 990 at the time had considered building a second transmitter
site much closer to Providence for nighttime use. I imagine 500 watts on
990 could do a fairly decent job covering Providence at night, although
not from Burrilville.

Also, I think I remember hearing that the nighttime power if 990 is now 5
kW.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com