Re: WCCM-FM/WCGY "The Rock Garden"

They side
>mounted the new FM bays on the AM stick, a few miles out of Downtown
>Lawrence, just off the Interstate.  WCCM-FM fired up the new 50,000
>watt signal in July, 1973.  It CRANKED, even in the South Shore area.
>More importantly, it now had the signal to crack into Downtown Boston

How many bays were they running at that point?  One? Two?  It was certainly
a flamethrower, passing through even cement fortress buildings!  From here
in Lowell  (Dracut where I grew up) you could get WCGY in your retainer (so
I was told....)   Receiver antenna?  We don't need no stinkin' receiver
antenna!

BTW, just how much "better" is the new 93.7 installation, by comparison?

 Bill O'Neill