Re: Worst 50k's

At 12:43 AM 11/7/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Finally, the FCC has nothing to say about it.  There's an international
>treaty involved.  CBL's skywave signal must be protected anywhere north of
>the Canadian border.  Which means that no US signals on 740 can cross the
>border after dark.  Period.

That's the CURRENT U.S/Canadian agreement. The one that was in effect when
WTAO was constructed was much more restrictive. Not only did U.S. stations
on Canadian IA channels, such as 690 and 740, have to protect the service of
Canadian Class I stations over Canadian territory, no US station was allowed
to operate at night on those frequencies if its tranmitter site was less
than 650 miles from the nearest point of land in Canada.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205