Re: Channel 50's transmitter (Re: WNDS News at 7 and 10)

At 03:28 PM 11/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
few
>months after installation.  Whenever the video passages became bright,
>the less than adequate AGC video circuit would make the picture
>"zorch" (for the lack of a better term) for a couple of seconds and
>would ramp to the darkness and then creep up to a usuable luminance
>level. We could actually hear the relays clicking in the next room.
>The color sucked, if we ever were able to get a usuable chroma

That's a very close description to what I see at home.  Picture stays dark
and the chroma looks messed up, as if I'd cranked up the controls all the
way on my set.

>Channel 46.  It's no wonder Townsend faded away.  It's NOT fault of
>the current employees of Channel 50. They are stuck with a s**tty
>transmitter.  They are trying.  Give them some credit, where credit
is due.

I'd give them their due, but what I *really* want to know is if the
*manager* ever watched his station.  With an air monitor.  Preferably at
home.

Take care,

Dave