Re: WLNG-FM (was WCBS-FM 101.1..)

Peter Q. George wrote:

>     You can count me in as a big WCBS-FM fan !!  No other station,
>except WLNG-FM, has so much life and excitement on the dial than
>'CBS-FM/101.1. <snip>

LNG is certainly in a league all their own.  Where else on the dial would
ever hear a segue from The Singing Nun to Whitesnake? <gg>

Never have I heard a station with so many PAMS cuts (and those home grown
PAMS edits..)    My fave is catching a Paul Sidney remote from PC Richards,
some new delicatessen in town, or a classic late night restaurant remote
where he starts getting goofy after 11pm!

I miss some of the jocks that used to be on board in the 70's and 80's - Bob
Aldrich ("a very happy guy"), John Spada (sp?), Wally Walters and of course
the original Morning Mayor Joe Ricker ("There's no conditional shell fishing
in Flanders Bay today..").

At least they threw out some of those old Fidelipacs and re-carted most of
their jingles so now they have at least some high end!

Jay Fink
Northeast One Stop
Albany NY
(formerly WLAD,WKCI,WRKI)