Re: First Record

My first (actually, pile of...) records were scavenged
from the back lot of my high school in Flushing, Queens; the day after the
school had held a flea market during the weekend.

It was about 30 or 20 78RPM platters containg Cuban music...
most of it by Xavier Cugat. This was when I was 13 or 14 --
back in 1988.. I'm 22 going on 23 and math was never my
strong forte...

I practically wore those records out playing them on my mom's
hi fi system...some actually broke while I was handling them
and they slipped out of my grasp. Oh well...I've since given
up on the laryngitic (is that a word) clunky 78s in favor
of -much cleaner sounding- LP's, 45s and cassettes. :) (most
of which are still scavenged from radio stations gettign rid
of double copies of their pressings.
- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak