Re: Tight Play Lists

In a message dated 98-10-26 11:26:12 EST, barrys@pop.tiac.net writes:

<< The show used to be 50s, 60s, 70s originally at WERS, then 60s, 70s and
early
 80s after WERS. At WBMX it was 70s and early 80s and now on 93.7 The Eagle:
 1970 thru 1989. >>

I remember the Gold Rush - I remember the night my best friend got married we
were all listening to it in their hotel room after the wedding - my friends
and I grew up on those lost '45's... Glad to hear it is still on -- I lost
track of it for a while.

When I heard that WERS was receiving big funding for a brand new studio I kind
of assumed that students would lose some control.  I have always been a fan
and supporter of college radio - I was listening to WTBS (now WMBR) and WERS
while I was still in HS in the mid-seventies, and my sister did shows on both
stations as a student at Emerson later on.   I remember Jukebox Saturday Night
too and if that was only on until 1974 then I started listening even earlier
than I thought.

And Dr. Demento was also a big favorite of mine back then - was he on WAAF?

Of course, I refuse to accept the fact that '80's music is considered oldies
too.

phyllis