Re: First Record & Radio

<<On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 23:20:25 +0000, nuhuc@juno.com (Rick Kelly) said:

> First record:  She Loves You:  Beatles on Swan records (1964).  First
> radio: a crystal set available from Montgomery Wards (1960).

I assume by ``record'' we're talking about the round vinyl things that
we used to reproduce by means of a ``record player'', right?

First record: two discs of Dan Ingram's ``Top 40 Satellite Survey''
for some week in 1986, given away illegally by WQCR in some contest I
can no longer recall.

Otherwise, it was all metal oxides on mylar for me in that era.  I
replaced all of my tapes with CDs when I could afford to do so, so I
don't even have a visual aid that I could look at to figure out what
was the earliest audio recording I bought myself, but I suspect it was
probably Platinum Blonde's (go-Cancon-go!) ``Alien Shores'', on a
class trip to Montreal.  I had seen the video for the track ``Somebody
Somewhere'' on the CBC's afternoon half-hour music video program,
``Video Hits'' with Samantha Somebody-or-other.  Most recent CD:
Claude McKenzie's ``Innu Town'' (a full MAPL on all tracks)...

- -GAWollman

- --