Meyers?

There was a live, remote "Meyers (sp?) til Midnight" talk show
from The Hotel Commander in Cambridge on either WVDA (1260AM) or
WVOM (1600AM) in late 40's. He had a faux "The Mayor of...." title
[maybe "The Night Mayor"(?)]  Could it have been "Mayer"?

Perhaps his remote from the hotel followed Sherm Feller on 'VDA
from The Hotel Bradford.  Preceeding Sherm when he was on WCOP in
Copley Plaza was Marty Brookspan who did a classical music hour.

Nelson E. Bragg was dubbed "The Mayor of Milo, Maine" on WCOP's
Hayloft Jamboree (live from their huge studio with an audience).
I worked with Nelson at WKBK (1220AM) in Keene, NH toward the end
of his career.  He had twin daughters. He always wore a cowboy hat
when he was on a remote.