Re: Rare WBZ / WBZA / WBZ-TV Promo Booklet

At 10:32 PM 10/19/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Much to my amazement & delight I received a package the other day with a
promotional
>booklet with no date, but it has to be from the late 40's or early 50's.
It is filled with
>photos, notes, etc. from the old days of WBZ.  I've scanned most of it and
posted it
>in a subdirectory on my website.  The files are big - but I scanned them
full size so
>that you can blow them up, print them out, etc.
>
>Check it out at:  www.garysicecream.com/wbz/

Great stuff; thanks! What resolution did you use on your scanner? The stuff
looks great and the captions are quite readable.

Now, one page shows a radio newsman named Ken Mayer. Was that the same Ken
Mayer who later did a late-night talk show from his Newton home on WBOS? I'd
guess not. The Mayer on WBOS certainly didn't sound like a professional
radio guy, and I'd imagine that anyone who did news on WBZ in those days did
sound like a radio guy. So besides Ken Meyer (yet another guy) who was Larry
Glick's WBZ producer for many years and who later did an old-time-radio show
on the old WEEI (and now reportedly works for the Mass Comission for the
Blind), how many Ken Mayers and Ken Meyers have there been in Boston radio?
I know that the WBOS Ken Mayer died long ago, but if any besides Ken Meyer
are still living, where are they now?

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205