Re: Rare WBZ / WBZA / WBZ-TV Promo Booklet

Gary wrote--
>Much to my amazement & delight I received a package the other day with a
promotional
>booklet with no date, but it has to be from the late 40's or early 50's.

As far as I know, it is from late 1953, and was put together as part of a
package celebrating WBZ-TV's 5th year on the air.  Gordon Swan (may he rest
in peace) first showed it to me, and a copy now resides at Boston
University, in the Special Collections dept., along with some rare photos
of WBZ from the early to mid 50s which feature Carl DeSuze and others.  (It
can't be from the late 40s-- there is a photo of Bill Swartley welcoming
Nixxon in 1952, plus I checked the staff directories against my Radio
Annual and none of those folks, except for Swan and Swartley, were there in
the station's earliest days...)

Thanks, Gary, for scanning it!