Re: The NAB, part 2

> Anyone want to predict what will happen next?  Even more consolidation?  Or
> will some stations return to doing more live programming?  I'd be
> interested in your predictions...

OK, I'll bite:

Large groups will stop expanding and focus their attention on figuring out
how to successfully manage hundreds of stations at once.

Advertisers will use web sites to place orders for radio advertising and
create their own schedules; rates will be calculated automatically a la
"Maxagrid".

Copywriting and production work will be done mostly by independent
professionals working in their homes rather than by station employees.

Arbitron's data showing that Internet use is displacing radio listening
will turn out to be wrong.

The Internet will not prove useful as a broadcast medium, nor will it
prove very useful as an advertising medium.

DARS will not have much effect on radio listening.

IBOC will never happen.

Look for the next truly innovative programming ideas to show up on AM
radio.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com