WTIC (AM) new liner

        Since Sunday, some of the recorded and live liners on WTIC (AM)
have been "news-talk 10-80," where previously in these places they always
said "WTIC, AM 10-80," which they also are still using. No big deal, and I
don't hear anything that indicates they're adjusting their programming at
all at the moment. They have been news-talk for several years, just never
outright called themselves that. Until WPOP flipped to 1-on-1 in early
1997, it used "news-talk."

         I have not heard yet what WTIC is going to run when the Gil Gross
show goes to talk-show heaven after Thursday night (9/24). Maybe the
psychic friends network will launch a radio service?How about an Arianna
Huffington Show (one of Gross' guests last night, BTW)? Or maybe they could
pick up the Militia Network out of Montana. (I made that up; as far as I
know there is no such thing. Yet).