Re: WJRZ-AM, Newark, NJ

In a message dated 98-09-17 20:04:00 EDT, sven@lily.org writes:

>Any of the list's historians have any idea what is
>the present incarnation of WJRZ, Newark, NJ?

WJRZ-970 existyed in the 60's and before. (Changed to WWDJ in 1969 or 70).
Presently it is a bible-beater station hollerin' for cash.

It TRIED real hard to wipe out Musicradio77 with the change to Top 40 with the
call WWDJ in 69 or 70.  It sounded great, but didn't work.  I believe religion
was its next format.   Its previous format during the later 60's was country,
at a time when they had that format to themselves in NYC.
- ---jibguy