Re: WKLB DXing

>Shel Swartz wrote:
>So what does "WEBE" stand for? "We Be on 107.9?"

        I have no idea. Maybe they were chosen for the rhyming
pronunciation: They call themselves "wee-Bee 108" with a slight emphasis on
the "wee."
        I like how WEBE doesn't mess with the multiple-city ID stuff, even
though it's licensed to the leafy suburb of Westport, not Bridgeport or
Stamford.
        You don't get a legal that whispers Westport and then says
Bridgeport-Norwalk-Stamford-Danbury-New Haven. Just a voice ID for
Westport. Then they skip all the in-between and end the top-hour ID with a
jingle that says, "wee-bee 108, Connecticut." Hey. Let's think big.