Re: WKLB DXing

>        I like how WEBE doesn't mess with the multiple-city ID stuff, even
>though it's licensed to the leafy suburb of Westport, not Bridgeport or
>Stamford.
>        You don't get a legal that whispers Westport and then says
>Bridgeport-Norwalk-Stamford-Danbury-New Haven. Just a voice ID for
>Westport. Then they skip all the in-between and end the top-hour ID with a
>jingle that says, "wee-bee 108, Connecticut." Hey. Let's think big.

I agree with you.  I've also often wondered whether the listeners care to
which city a staton is licensed.  Growing up in southern New England, I
listened to the stations I liked... whether it was WPUT/Putnam, CT (yes, i
did enjoy WPUT!), WVBF/Framingham-Boston, or CKLW/Windsor.

At least two stations in my neck of the woods bury their legal IDs. I wish
the FCC would mandate a specific policy toward that.

Shel Swartz

WRKO/The Big 68 Remembered!
Official Hall of Fame of The Big 68, 1967-1982
http://big68.org/wrko
Phone (561) 686-2133