Re: And the temperature is?

In a message dated 9/3/98 12:55:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, steveord@xtdl.com
writes:

<< Sometimes I wonder how people who work at 2 different stations, similar
 formats (different markets, different owners) with perhaps a different air
 name keep things straight.  I was in that situation a few years ago and
 occasionally had to pause in mid-break & remember who I was & which station
 I was on.>>

During the summer of 1990, I was on THREE stations regularly.  I was doing
nights at WLIS-Old Saybrook, CT and weekends at WKSS-Hartford and WILI-FM-
Willimantic.  The last two stations were both CHR, so I really had to keep my
head in the game so as not to screw up.

Recently, when I did my very first shift at WXLO (an overnight, thank
goodness), I opened up the mic with "107.1...um 104.5FM WXLO."  After the
break I was mortified, because I had never done this before even with all the
stations I'd been at.  Must be a WERZ curse or something...

Mike Thomas, WXLO (yup, thats it) & Premiere Radio Networks