Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 8/13: Entercom Enters Boston

<dougbroda@mindspring.com> said:

>> It will be very interesting to see which network Sinclair chooses for 45.
>
>Presumably, which ever one they get, Pittsfield 51 (if ever built)
>will take the other.

True, though I'm not holding my breath for 51. :)

>  This also makes me wonder if WMHT has any
> intention of building the Albany *29 allotment they have applied for.

With what money? Seriously, they've made clear that the Sinclair $$$ is
going into HDTV construction, so unless they get an unexpected funding
source or a real nice donation, 29's got to come after the HDTV if the
public statements are true. (BTW, assuming they get 29 -- which I expect
they would -- how long do they have to get on-air?)

>WB is also pretty strong in that demo, as well has having a pretty
>good ``family'' audience.  (Of course, we are still talking about the
>difference between sixth and seventh place...)

Yeah. But I don't watch anything on either but UPN's Star Trek:Voyager; my
wife, watches Voyager and Buffy. :)

>I'm curious as to whether USA Television will eventually yank some of
>their popular syndicated series to run them on their own CityVision
>(formerly HSN/Silver King) stations.

After any conflicting contracts expire, they well might.... at least if the
stations have coverage/must carry thoughout the prime market area. (I'm not
sure if they all do.)
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law