Re: Adult Standards (was Re: Globe story on 'GBH-FM)

FMradio1@aol.com said:

> I think that you will see more and more MOYL stations moving to FM as the
> Boomers age into retirement.  In New London, CT, WNLC-AM was playing standards
> using Unistar's AM-Only format and getting miniscule ratings.  Last fall they
> moved the programming to newly acquired 98.7FM and as of the spring ratings
> book they are now #2 in the market 12+.  WOCN on the Cape also does well with
> Standards on FM.  With these success stories starting to happen, I wouldn't be
> suprised to see it pop up in more and more markets, and may give Mainstream AC
> stations some competition.
>
> Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks

 One prime example is the Jukebox Radio on 103.1 FM (WJUX in Bergen County)

Also can anyone tell me what WNLC-AM is now? Last I heard they were
gonna go sports/talk...

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak