Re: Adult Standards (was Re: Globe story on 'GBH-FM)

In a message dated 8/4/98 8:45:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, steveord@xtdl.com
writes:

<< I agree. I wonder, though, how many boomers will look for the music of
 their life on AM.  Even my parents (in their 70s) rarely listen to AM
 anymore. >>

I think that you will see more and more MOYL stations moving to FM as the
Boomers age into retirement.  In New London, CT, WNLC-AM was playing standards
using Unistar's AM-Only format and getting miniscule ratings.  Last fall they
moved the programming to newly acquired 98.7FM and as of the spring ratings
book they are now #2 in the market 12+.  WOCN on the Cape also does well with
Standards on FM.  With these success stories starting to happen, I wouldn't be
suprised to see it pop up in more and more markets, and may give Mainstream AC
stations some competition.

Mike Thomas, WXLO & Premiere Radio Networks