Re: Rock 101 off the air Saturday?

In a message dated 98-08-04 23:59:37 EDT, dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<< Why does it have to be an either-or proposition-- why are my two options
 "big corporations are allowed to destroy local programming" or "sleazy
 local owners bounce paychecks and treat the staff badly"?  Is there no
 middle ground?  When Worcester radio has no place for an Upton Bell,
 something is wrong.  When any corporation-- and I am not just landing on
 Capstar-- participates in making radio even less important in people's
 lives, that to me is bad.  Their balance sheet may look great for now, and
 I commend them, but as many companies have found, people who are no longer
 getting good service go elsewhere.  If radio is no longer essential because
 it all sounds the same, why bother listening anymore?  >>

Radio and TV groups are over leveraged and they are making cuts to provide
funding to buy more poorly run stations. Wait until the economy hits a slump,
it will be radio 1980 style all over again.

Mike