Re: WCAP needs help!!!

     I "paid my dues" myself at WBET/WCAV in Brockton, Massachusetts.
I was a Junior at college and did my shift M-F 6:00 pm-midnight.
Mainly, it was a "board-op" job, running the Bruins and the Red Sox
and to feed the FM's automation (we called her "Sam"... Semi Automated
Machine). My wages were NOT going to make me rich, by any stretch of
the imagination.  BUT, what I lacked in spendable income was greatly
rewarded by the experience of working with a great bunch of people
over the years.  It was "WKRP", personified.  But unlike 'KRP, these
two stations were very respected by the people in the community for
many years.  I learned more in the few years I spent at the stations
then at any other time in my 38 years.  It was a real "family" to me
and I am sure that others who were there can attest to that.  Even
today, I still keep in touch and help them out whenever possible.
They are that special.  I wouldn't change a thing.

- -Pete

- ---Kevin Hilley <hilley@conknet.com> wrote:

> Hey, I started at a tiny little AM station in a God-forsaken town in
upstate
> NY. Fresh out of college and doing 7-midnight on a 1000 watt
daytimer (they
> lowered the power to 250 at night!!). Making next to nothing (I
honestly
> would have been making more at fast food). I could probably count my
> listeners on one hand, but you know what? I loved every second of
it!! I
> knew diddly about radio but was getting the greatest education of my
life. I
> wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

==