Re: WCAP needs help!!!

Hey, I started at a tiny little AM station in a God-forsaken town in upstate
NY. Fresh out of college and doing 7-midnight on a 1000 watt daytimer (they
lowered the power to 250 at night!!). Making next to nothing (I honestly
would have been making more at fast food). I could probably count my
listeners on one hand, but you know what? I loved every second of it!! I
knew diddly about radio but was getting the greatest education of my life. I
wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

I'm only 39, but at the risk of sounding like an old fart, I don't think
most people ("kids") today are willing to make minimum wage to possibly just
hang out at a station, get coffee for the jocks and soak in the atmosphere.
And its a shame, because those tiny AM's, even if they ARE just running
birds (they still need a warm body at the board) can be the breeding grounds
for the next generation of Sterns, Imus' and Rush's.

Just my rant- Thanks!

BUMP MARTIN wrote:
RE" WCAP looking for employees-

> Wasn't there a time when you had people bangin' down the doors of stations
> just to work in radio?  (or "kids" dying to 'run the board'?)-
> My guess is that the pay is crappy...and the hours suck (holidays
> included at no extra pay)....

- --
The Kevin Hilley Wake-Up Show
    105.5 WJYY/92.1 WNHQ