Re: WCAP needs help!!!

>I heard what I think is the most cheesy of spots airing on WCAP....
>
>"WCAP is looking for employees!  You must be willing to work nights,
>weekends....and NO experience is necessary!  We'll train you"

FYI, I forwarded the orig. post on the subject to Kevin Dunn, the PD who
voiced the spot.

>Wasn't there a time when you had people bangin' down the doors of
>stayions just to work in radio?  (or "kids" dying to 'run the board'?)

Yes, and that was what I did at WCAP for my first commercial gig in '81. And
getting an airshift took nearly a full year after lots of behind the scenes
stuff.  I would trade that effort for anything.  Times, they have a-changed.

Bill O'Neill