Re: networks/newscasts-vs-spots run

Shel Swartz said:

> You are quite correct, Tim.  Smaller stations often run national network
> spots pulled from the network,  more than they have to, free.  That way,
> they could tell a local advertiser, "Hey Delta Airlines ruins ads with
> us.....". That was my idea many years ago, and as simple aas it is, it's
> oten effective, and I'm sorta proud of it.  It enabled one broadcaster here
> in south Florida to make some money with his low-rated AM station!

Why do radio stations bother to cut out the news from around
the spots? Woudln't it be much simpler to run the whole feed?

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak