Re: Today's LTAR

In a message dated 98-07-20 00:14:44 EDT, Sptseditor@aol.com writes:

>I have a feeling that another reason for WJIB not being a network affiliate
>is
>the number of newscasts which would have to be cleared. With USA, for
>example,
>it was 50 a week; I'm sure it's a lot higher for any of the ABC networks and
>NBC/Mutual/Westwood One.

We had USA when they did not have many requirements.  But when they started to
have the same requirements as CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC, etc, it wasn't worth it.
And it wasn't hard for me to tell them to get lost considering their political
lean.   Besides, how honest is a network that shows on their station roster
(presented to clients) that says WGAW-Gardner is their "Boston" affiliate?
Still a side-splitter!

- ---jibguy