Re[2]: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/18: Lobel Leaves BZ Radio

regarding Gil Santos' defending of Peter Casey, it was written--

>     Was it actually Gil's script, or maybe the words of
>     Peter Casey??? hmmm...

I doubt that Gil would say anything he doesn't agree with-- he is a company
man, yes, but he has been there for years and has a mind of his own.  He is
also a family man, and probably agrees that the language on radio in
general has gotten a bit raw, given what he is used to-- the older
announcers at WBZ probably still recall radio the way it was BEFORE the
Sterns and the Imuses began doing their thing... Also, given the variety of
issues that the WBZ radio staff have to deal with (including carts still
not playing correctly-- there have been problems with the MediaTouch system
for ages), I think Lobel is considered a low priority-- to the radio side,
he's a TV guy.

I heard the new show-- the Sunday Sports Page-- and felt it sounded like
the way Roche and DeOssie sounded doing Sports Sunday when WBZ was all
sports on the weekends.  They are two very competent and kind people who
lack the "big name" but have a good rapport and enjoy talking sports.

Did anyone else watch Lobel on TV last night?  I thought he looked very
forced and very strained-- as if he wanted to say more about what happened
but decided not to, or was told not to.  Nothing was mentioned on his late
night sports show about the incident at all.  That is probably the most
professional way to go, but I am sure he wanted to expand on it...