Re: Today's LTAR

In a message dated 98-07-20 01:22:12 EDT, FMradio1@aol.com writes:

>I was under the impression that as long as a station cleared the spots from
>the newscasts in an equal or greater daypart from which they were scheduled,
>that it could, concievably,  run NONE of the newscasts.

Correct.   But in that case, stations were paid $$$$ by the networks to air
the spots. So many networks are just "spot distribution services in the name
on news."   -  In the case of USA, no payments to stations were made, to my
knowledge.  USA' s roster of stations, then (and likely still now) were small
market stations, and fringe larger-market stations.   WJIB was actually its
best affiliate.
- ---jibguy