Re: Music piped to gas pump

Years ago, when I worked at Radio Shack (Then it was not RadioShack), the
"official" station that had to be played all the time in the stores, was
WJIB.  With tyhe comments following, I wonder how th Shack got away with it.
We were to play it on all the bigger stereo systems, all the time. (shel)

>If an establishment uses the radio to set a mood or ambiance (ie. playing
KISS108
>in the Gap or WJIB in an elevator) and/or it is played through a sound
system
>(as opposed to a boom box or a portable radio) then ASCAP, BMI et al expect
>licensing fee.
>
>The GAP was approached by ASCAP about 15 years ago because it was company
policy
>to play the local "KISS" formatted station in their stores.  They told
ASCAP to