Re: CENSORSHIP on WBZ RADIO

Alright, shall I be the one to get technical? Webster's New Encyclopedic
Dictionary, (my copy of which is 1800 pages thick!), defines "censorship" as
"the institution, system or practice of censoring or of censors." "Censors" is
described as "to examine in order to suppress or delete anything thought to be
harmful or dangerous." It also states that "censor denotes examining
officially in order to suppresss or alter anything thought morally or
politically objectionable."

So, as stated, it isn't just Government that can "censor" but business can
"censor" as well. And in this case, there is obvious censoring going on.

An old boss of mine was a big WEEI fan so I know of Butch quite well. This is
tame for him! I have heard him make derogs about Mo Vaughn and Robert Parrish
as well as others. And let's be honest: He was right! Very few non-immmigrant
citizens give a damn about the World Cup! That is just fact. I didn't hear the
call but I bet Butch could have said it milder, but then, if he had, he
wouldn't be Butch from the Cape!

Now the larger argument is can a corporation or programmer silence a caller or
host on a certain topic? Sure. Is it right? No, not really in my opinion. Have
I been censored? Sure, and for much more trivial things. Is Lobel paid
handsomely to deal with potential censorship? Yes. I wonder if his contract
states anything about having to deal with something like this? I also wonder
if Casey has been not been listening to his station! There is much worse than
this on sometimes.