WBZ-TV, "The Tradition Deteriorates"

     When they dumped "Eyewitness News" on CHannel 4, I knew it was the
beginning of the end.  Here was one of America's FIRST and best newscasts
around.  In comes the beancounters from "Black Rock" (CBS).  What do they
do ?  They dump Jack Williams and replace him with an ex-Wrestling
"commentator".  He didn't last at WWOR (Channel 9/Secaucus, NJ) all that
long.  He has no credibility, PERIOD.  Oh, sure he tries...but first
impressions mean a lot.  Sorry, Sean.
     I have watched Channel 4 News for the past few nights and you could
see on the faces of the talent that their heart was not in it.  Well, if
you heard that Joel Cheatwood (perfect name, eh ?) was in town, I would
be nervous, myself.  Coming to town for his son's braces is a lame excuse.
Here is the man who brought Jerry Springer to WMAQ (Channel 5/Chicago).
The anchors would not have any part of it and left !  More power to them.
If Channel 4 goes the "Cheatwood Way", good-bye 50 years of reputation.
     Guys, get your ass in gear.  What works in New York, does not work
HERE!  We have enough garbage newscasting...... it
HERE!  We have enough garbage newscasting...... it's called WHDH-TV or
Channel 7.
     As for Bruce Schwoegler, leave a good thing alone.  This man has
paid his dues, ten fold.  He is the finest weathercaster in town.  He
doesn't provide "fluff", only substance.  He knows his stuff.  If you
dump him, be sure to kiss your audience, good-bye.  Bring back Jack Williams
to 11:00 pm where he belongs.  He is a class act.
     As for Bob Lobel....... well....... he needs a long vacation. ("hick")

The opinions expressed are those of the participant and do not neccessarily
reflect those of the management or anyone else. There.

- -Pete

Peter Q. George, N1GGP                  *  "Scanning the bands since 1967 !"
33 Stetson St., Apt. 2                  *                  +
Whitman, Massachusetts  02382           *                  |
USA                                     *      73         +|+    de N1GGP
PGEORGE@wellesley.edu                   *                 /|\
XERB@bigfoot.com                        *                 +|+
pqgeorge@hotmail.com                    *                 /|\