Re: weather at 4

Tony wrote--
>I like Jack Williams a lot and feel for the nonsense that has been going
on at
>'BZ but I have often wondered if he was tipping the flask a bit sometimes! As
>for Sean Mooney, he has gotten better since joining the 'BZ team but I still
>can't forget that he was a WWF commentator!

I still think it was a mistake to separate Jack and Liz-- they had really
good chemistry, but were probably attracting (gasp) an older demographic.
Jack is one of the industry's nice guys, from what everybody tells me and
from my own meetings with him.  As for Lobel and drinking-- rumours have
been flying for years, but personally, I think you are seeing more cynicism
than booze-- it must be difficult for the staff of WBZ to get hammered by
Monica Collins and others-- WBZ used to have a very strong news team that
aggressively covered stories.  The "I team" won many awards, and people
like Dan Rea and Joe Bergantino were universally respected.  Now it seems
WBZ is in a defensive mode, and Jack, Bob, Liz et al. are professionals who
take pride in their work-- I am sure they have their own theories on what
needs to happen at WBZ, but probably they were not asked... As the on-air
product continues  to lack a direction, I see a lack of enthusiasm from
Liz, Sean tries too hard, and Jack just does his job as he always did while
 Bob resorts to sarcasm.  It's a shame...