Re: NERW-on-the-road 6/24

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 fybush@world.std.com wrote:

> *When we left off, we were in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island,
> where we started Monday morning with a drive around the island.  In
> addition to listening to the local stations, we found a nice little FM
> opening, which yielded catches such as WKIX (96.9) Goldsboro, N.C. and
> WLGI (90.9) Hemingway, S.C.  The latter is -- we kid you not -- an
> all-Baha'i radio station.  The experience of driving around eastern
> Prince Edward Island whilst listening to a Baha'i radio station from
> South Carolina is an incredible one, to be sure.  Not for the faint of
> heart!

You didn't pick up WJIB?  I thought its signal reached PEI!

> After RCI it was on to Moncton, where we headed for the CBA (1070)
> transmitter (which was itself at Sackville until about 1970).

Maybe that would explain why they started IDing as "CBA Moncton" somewhere
around that time.  They used to ID as "CBA Maritimes."

> The CBC complex in Moncton is really the Radio-Canada complex, since
> almost everything that's produced there is for the French-language
> services.

Huh?  But CBA is an English station.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/