Re: NERW-on-the-road 6/24

At 01:12 AM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 fybush@world.std.com wrote:
>
>> After RCI it was on to Moncton, where we headed for the CBA (1070)
>> transmitter (which was itself at Sackville until about 1970).
>
>Maybe that would explain why they started IDing as "CBA Moncton" somewhere
>around that time.  They used to ID as "CBA Maritimes."

It certainly does explain it. And when CBA moved from maybe 60 miles
southeast of Moncton to Moncton proper, the signal here deteriorated
somewhat. I vsited the RCI facility in 1977. Back then, people lined up to
take the hourly tours. I'll bet there were 15 people on the tour that my
wife and I took. The RCI tours were listed in the AAA Maritimes Tourbook
just like non-radio-geek tourist attractions, and I suspect that I was the
only radio geek on that particular tour. For sure, Ruth was not a radio geek
at all.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205