Re: Red Sox (was: Re: Bruins)

At 10:18 AM 6/24/98 -0400, Doug Bassett wrote:

>Any other Sox ops notice that once in a while the network returns several
seconds
>before they are supposed to? Local breaks are supposed to be 1:33, but
I've had
>them come back as early as 1:28!

I haven't worked at a station that carried the Sox since the early 90s when
WRKO was the flagship, but they were very good to board op for.  They
almost never screwed up & put local spots over the network...in fact they
screwed up so seldom I often got lazy & left the network fader up during
local breaks knowing that it would be dead air.  Got caught once...not
knowing the mic was live one of the announcers (Joe Castiglione, I think)
blew his nose in the :03 alloted for station ID.  Oops!