Re: Another big market station looks to Dr. Laura for answers

At 02:18 PM 6/24/98 EDT, ASchinella@aol.com wrote:
>On another note: Talkers Magazine is saying that any new big market Dr.
>Loudmouth adds have to cough up $100K just for starters! This is unreal. With
>that amount of money you could hire a local or two and do something
>interesting!

I can't speak for anyone else on this list, but I am getting a bit annoyed
at certain posters who intentionally butcher people's names...Dr. Laura,
Rush, The 2 Chicks are a couple that come to mind immediately.

While you may or may not like what they do (and if you don't, then don't
listen to them), IMHO it lowers the discussion level here considerably when
these people's names are made fun of.

If you think you can do a better job than any of the above, then put your
money where your mouth is (so to speak)...good talent is hard to find.
Hosting a talk (or any other kind of show) 3 or more hrs a day, 5 or 6 days
a week and being even remotely interesting is a lot of work.

Steve